Midnight Haunt

Go Back   Midnight Haunt > Gaming > Dirty Unicorn Games

Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Frightened Bystander

Chickens in the Mist counters???

Currently busy printing and mounting enough Flatlands counters to use with Weekend Warriors, and lovin' them as a quick alternative to using minis and 3D terrain (the thought of painting enough minis and building enough 3D terrain is driving me bonkers!!! LOL).

Just picked up the wonderful "Chickens in the Mist", and though the included Chicken standees are OK, and since I have very little chance of finding suitable miniatures for the Chickens, I was wondering if you could come up with counters (Flatlands style) for the Chickens, typical PCs, vehicles and maybe some building tiles??? Should only be a couple of pages of counters.

Cheers,

Shinobi.

Last edited by Shinobi; 08-09-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
Frightened Bystander

Any feedback regarding this suggestion??
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 PM
Hardened Ghost-hunter

Location: Spring Hill, Florida (slightly above & north of Hell)
Oh my goodness! I do apologize for missing this post for so long. I guess I had visited the forum, missed the post and then thereafter it no longer showed up as a new post - guess I should pay closer attention instead of skimming through looking for new posts that are highlighted!?

Chicken in the Mists is actually one of the few 12 to Midnight modules I do not have a copy of. Mostly that is on purpose as I was hoping to pick up a game at a convention some time and not have any prior knowledge of the adventure (unlike say WW and Fire in the Hole hehehe)

In regards to giant chickens I actually do have some rather sinister mutant chickens that I could do (of course that is if the module actually does contain giant mutant chickens... you never know with these guys and their plot twists )

The bad news is my system took a dump a few weeks ago and I lost lots and lots of material (thank goodness I have a backup of older stuff). That has put me off over the last month on trying to rebuild a lot of things from scratch. I haven't worked on any art at all in the last 30 days which is a shame...

Maybe Chickens in the Mist would be a good excuse to pick myself up out of the dirt, dust off and get back in the saddle

No promises other than I *do* promise to look into it for you this weekend and see what I would need to do to make this a possibility. If it's possible (well nothing is truly impossible, only improbable) and not too difficult I will see what I can create
Open the Doorway to Adventure! - Flatlands 3D Standup Doors & Furniture Vol. 1 & Volume 2 HUNDREDS of incredible illustrated doors and objects for any game or setting! Check out the link for demo and pics right now!
Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Frightened Bystander

That would be great Jeff, thanks. Sorry to hear about the PC problems though, thank God for backing up!

The module is a fairly small one and doesn't include that many different creatures (and yes, giant mutant Chickens are there... in three sizes), I reckon that if you include the Chickens, maybe a few generic PC counters, a vehicle or two and maybe a sheet or two for building (chicken huts etc) you're looking at around 5 pages maximum.

Maybe as an option (though it may take you longer) you could combine with a set of counters for 'The Beast Within' since that also doesn't really need too many items.

Just as a heads up, I'm currently planning a Modern-style Dungeon Bash just as a stand-in while I prepare some longer adventure sessions. Here's a picture of things to come *grin*

Old 09-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Hardened Ghost-hunter

First let me say WOW! That looks great Shinobi!!! Your players must love you as a GM with all those color props that you do

I grabbed a copy of Chickens this weekend (funny module by the way, destined to bring classic one liners to the gaming table) and looking it over I can see that you are exactly right in your assessment. Just some A,B & C strain chickens, a sports car, truck or two and maybe a few other small counters and call it done. I need to play around with some ideas for chicken pens, but it should all be doable.

My only hitch right now is getting the software working again. My backup unfortunately didn't work out exactly as planned. The renders are all there, but the software is shot. I'll need to re-download/re-install everything blah blah blah.

Still I think this one is definitely a possibility and like I said I need to get back "in the game" (pun intended) so I'll see what I can do for Chicken tiles & tokens.

Now I'll just need an appropriate name hehe (Chicken Tenders, Bucket o' Chicken Tokens, Chicken Fried Chicken Tiles...)

P.S. - post more pics in field reports after your modern dungeon crawl! Very cool stuff!
Open the Doorway to Adventure! - Flatlands 3D Standup Doors & Furniture Vol. 1 & Volume 2 HUNDREDS of incredible illustrated doors and objects for any game or setting! Check out the link for demo and pics right now!
Old 06-11-2008, 02:11 AM
Frightened Bystander

Thread Necromancy alert!!!!

Dun suppose you've had any time to do some Chicken counters Jeff??

LOL
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM
Hardened Ghost-hunter

So sorry for the late reply!

It's a tragic tale of a man and his new home! My wife and I moved to a nearby city and purchased our first home. While we are VERY happy it is also very taxing as a home owner. Every night I have something to fix, replace, install or whatnot. It's fun! fun?

The truth is I did try some renders of giant mutant chickens, but the results were... less than optimal As soon as I can dig my external hard drives out (in one of these boxes over here...) I will post the results so you can see my terribly sad McRenders and point and laugh at me

*Maybe* I will revist this again and see if I can do any better. Of course you know if the road to Hell is paved in good intentions I must have paved at least an off ramp just by myself...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Frightened Bystander

And here, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make Jeff sigh and curse at someone from across the oceans.......... *evil grin*

How are the Chicken counters coming?? hahahahahaha

*ducks*
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Hardened Ghost-hunter

Haha no I won't curse (sighing I do all the time however )

I found my old original renders... these are pretty terrible, but if anyone wants to use them to make some counters or for other uses I bequeth them onto you, but I warn you these are pretty bad

I wish I could say I have been doing new art lately, but really haven't for the longest time

Hmmm... Since 12toMidnights favorite holiday is fast approaching maybe I can shake off the cobwebs and create something ghoulishly fun

(PS - although the images below show a white background they are actaully transparent .png files)
Attached Images
File Type: png chicken1.png (275.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png chicken2.png (357.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: png chicken3.png (461.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 PM
GlenMac
The Professor

Send a message via AIM to GlenMac Send a message via Yahoo to GlenMac
I think they look pretty damn awesome. There's a chicken that will choke you for sure. Whoa!!!
Pinebox, TX

Visit my blog
http://simpleamerican.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Frightened Bystander

Excellent!! Just what I needed *yay*

Many thanks
Old 10-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Neal5x5
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Neal5x5
Those are so cool! Just perfect for an aimed shot to the head, or, as my group called it - a cockshot.

"Evil enters like a needle and spreads like an oak tree." Ethiopian Proverb
Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Jackson
Spook Masta

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackson
Man when Dirty Unicorn works on something, it's AWESOME!

Personal Blog is www.12tomidnighted.blogspot.com

Hey Mr. Dinosaur, you really couldn't ask for more. You were God's favorite creature, but you didn't have a future. Walking in your footsteps.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Frightened Bystander

Those are some sweet looking mutant chickens, good job.

eckSERMONATOR - evolve your thinking