Midnight Haunt

Go Back   Midnight Haunt > General > Story Hour

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Unsuspecting Camper

AP: Chickens in the Mist at iCon 08

On Friday I ran 5 players through CitM as part of iCon '08. I've run the adventure a number of times now with the same set-up: My pregens are members of the "5 Live!" news crew who think they're on to a big scoop about an illegal cockfighting ring. The group is populated by a bunch of personalities that are at odds with each other to guarantee plenty of PvP tension: The aspiring reporter, the rugged camera man, the burnt out sound man, the nerdy intern,..... oh and the station owner's daughter. The characters are really easy for players to understand and get right into and often lead to some hilarious dialog and zanny behavior - that is where the pure excellence of the adventure is at: Shooting muntant chickens is IMHO not all that exciting but hitting them over the head with desk lamps, using couch cushions as shields, and driving a truck down a narrow, washed out road like a bat out of hell is tons of fun.

You can check out the complete session chat log (it's 40+ pages) on the FUM forums here.