-September 8th, 2014
Okay, clearly we’re terrible at this whole “Keep the website updated” thing, but in our defense we’ve been spending our time releasing all that awesome content we promised.No tag for this post.
-June 12th, 2014
-June 11th, 2014
We are down to less than 24 hours on the Kickstarter campaign for East Texas University. Your faith and generosity has been inspirational, to say the least. At the time of this post we have more than 715 backers. Thank you.
In addition to the East Texas University game and the Degrees of Horror Plot Point Campaign, let’s just recap what you’ve unlocked so far.
- The ETU original soundtrack, “Trouble in Texas.”
- Ten full-color, full-page, ready-to-play archetypes, with Figure Flats.
- Creature Feature — La Bruja : Art, background, statistics, Figure Flats, and several adventure seeds featuring the terrifying Mexican witches!
- Figure Flats I – Heroes of ETU: Two full pages of “printable miniatures” including students, faculty, and civilians.
- A Body Was Found…: A 12-page ETU storytelling adventure using the Protocol
- Last Rites of the Black Guard
- Electronic templates to print your own customized handouts including a welcome letter, Dean’s List, academic probation, ETU diploma, and blank ETU letterhead.
The next stretch goals are
- Figure Flats II – Horrors of East Texas (800 Backers): All the critters from the book, including chupacabras, ghosts, an assortment of wicked demons, and more.
- Return of the Chickens in the Mist—Murder Most Fowl! (900 Backers): Follow-up to the original hit adventure, Chickens in the Mist.
I know some people avoided the Kickstarter because they were turned off by basing stretch goals on the number of backers rather than dollar amount, but I hope those who are on the fence recognize that backers for this game are set to earn excellent rewards. Even if we don’t get another single backer I’ll consider this a successful campaign. That being said, I hope you’ll share the news with your friends and fellow gamers to give them a chance to get in on the free loot. We would love to “have” to give away the new figure flats and the Chickens in the Mist sequel.
Again, thank you for your support and encouragement over the years. We know you’re going to love the game and can’t wait to hear your frightful stories.No tag for this post.
-May 27th, 2014
We’re still more than 2 weeks away from the conclusion of the East Texas University Kickstarter, but we’ve already had a few reviewers give their impressions of the game.
First, the Hardboiled GMshoe interviewed Ed and Preston in a lengthy chat.
Over on The Most Unread Blog on the Internet, Ever Tommy gave the lowdown on what to expect in ETU chapter by chapter.
Next, GamerXP interviewed one of the ETU writers, Preston DuBose, and Pinnacle g0-to guy Clint Black about what to expect from ETU.
Flames Rising gave you the dirt on the Kickstarter and an overview of the books.
And finally Game Geeks did a fantastic review on Youtube, in which the word “brilliant” was used more than once. The review also included never-before seen sneak peeks at art from the book. It’s definitely worth checking out!Tags: Degrees of Horror, ETU, reviews
-May 13th, 2014
The loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong awaited East Texas University / Degrees of Horror release is just around the corner. The Kickstarter went live today and funded in less than 2 hours. Now is your chance to contribute and pre-order not only the books, minis, maps, etc, but also unlock digital freebies based on the number of backers. The more
food friends you bring to campus, the more rewards everyone earns!
No tag for this post.